How to apply.
Job Title: Project Administrator
Report to: Project Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Job Location: The post will be based in the Age Connects Torfaen regional office in Sebastopol but may require travel within the Torfaen area
Salary Scale Grade: £8840.00 p.a. pro rata –
Hours: 20 hours
Leave: 20 days pro rate excluding Bank Holidays
Term: Fixed term until 2020
Main purpose of the post:
This is a newly created post funded through the Big Lottery Fund. The post includes acting as administrative assistant within a project designed to provide new services and activities for young people, aged 45-65 with cognitive impairment and their carers.
The post holder will report to the Project Co-ordinator. The post-holder will undertake core administration, marketing and communications activities to support the project team to meet planned outcomes and outputs within the project. The post involves close working with partner organisations.
- Prepare publicity, newsletters, reports, press releases and update regional website with regard to project activities
- Assist with dissemination of project outcomes/lessons learned and promote reputation of Age Connects Torfaen within the organisation and externally
- Deal with enquiries from potential beneficiaries, tutors and partners in relation to health education provision
- Assist in all aspects of project monitoring and reporting requirements of external evaluation team and BIG Lottery Fund
- Comply with all Age Connects Torfaen Policies and Procedures
- Support project team with administrative procedures relating to project registration, beneficiary enrolment, retention, achievement and progression
- Assist in establishing and maintaining up-to-date databases (for example, partner organisation contact details)
- Create and maintain an up-to-date project evidence file
- Respond to requests for information from BIG Lottery Fund and other relevant agencies
- Assist in completion and submission of monitoring returns to BIG Lottery Fund
- Act as clerk to project management board and project steering groups (for example organising meetings, booking venues, taking and circulating minutes)
- To meet for regular supervision with Line Manager and to attend Staff Meetings
- To participate in developing and maintaining good public relationships
- To promote a positive image of Age Connects Torfaen to other agencies and the general public.
- To work in accordance with Age Connects Torfaen policies and procedures.
This is a part time post and will require some flexibility in working patterns. The appointment is on a fixed contract until 2020.
Job Title: Advocacy Caseworker
Responsible to: Compliance Manager
Fixed Term: 1 year contract
Hours: 24 hours
Main Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for the delivery of an independent advocacy service for young people with dementia or their carers, and for promotion and development of the service. Advocacy is defined as a service offered by advocates in a formally supervised environment. It aims to empower people living with dementia to express their views, wishes and concerns. The service supports them in their choices and rights and provides information about and support to access services across all providers
Knowledge and Experience
You require a good general level of education, knowledge of the principles and practice of advocacy, an ability to work on own initiative and some experience of working in a supportive role.
An understanding of dementia and the rights of people with dementia and their carers.
An understanding of procedures relating to the Protection of Vulnerable Adults is also desirable.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To provide independent advocacy for young people living with dementia and/or their carer enabling them to express their views, wishes and concerns.
- To effectively and professionally manage an individual case load of service users
- To work within the principles of the provision of advocacy within Age Connects Torfaen standards and comply with the National Advocacy Charters as appropriate.
- To assist people with understanding and securing their rights to the care and services they need.
- To obtain ongoing consent from the service user at all times, wherever possible, maintaining written records of their wishes and explanations of how and when this was obtained.
- To provide accurate and comprehensive information to enable people to make informed choices.
- To seek and evaluate client feedback to understand whether needs are being met and to plan any necessary adjustments.
- To support self-advocacy, or to represent the views of the advocacy client in relation to their health and social care provision.
- To undertake further personal development as discussed and agreed with the line manager and keep knowledge up-to-date.
- To keep clear and precise records for all service users and adhere to the Confidentiality policy, Record Management policy and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Alerting Procedures.
- To contribute to the evaluation of the advocacy service.
- Comply with all appropriate Age Connects Torfaen policies and Code of Conduct.
- To raise awareness of the advocacy service including raising awareness of the needs of young people with dementia and their carers.
- To develop networks with partner organisations who also work in the field of dementia, mental health, disabilities, and benefits and income service, including Primary and Secondary care, Social Care and Health and Welfare Benefit agencies with the aim of signposting clients to appropriate services.
- To produce information and written reports as required.
- To liaise with other staff in order to provide a distinct and specialised service.
- To undertake any other duties or projects commensurate with the nature and grade of this post as required.
You are responsible for ensuring that all work is consistent with the policies, procedures and direction of Age Connects Torfaen. You may be required to undertake any other duties that may be appropriate and allocated from time to time following discussion.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS)
This post may be subject to a satisfactory criminal records disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We are looking for reliable domestic cleaners throughout the Torfaen area
Positions are on a casual basis – regular weekly cleans with the same clients.