How to apply.
We are looking for photography volunteers who have:
- Strong photography skills.
- A good artistic eye and feel for an aesthetically beautiful shot
- Good Adobe Photoshop skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Suitable photography equipment and editing software
General tasks may include:
- Collating all photos taken after the event/photoshoot and sending to the team electronically as soon as possible.
- Participating in evening and weekend events/activities when needed
- Arranging props/material for photoshoots
- Capturing images, within agreed timeframes, to display and color compliance standards
- Performing quality control checks on images, according to guidelines
- Post-processing of images, including cropping, colour corrections, etc
- Naming digital files and creating metadata/tags as required for upload to the photo library
What can we offer you?
- Valuable experience for your CV
- A great opportunity to build your portfolio with event, documentary and life photographs for future work and job experience
- A chance to meet new people in the local community and gain experience of dealing with the public/working with a range of different audiences
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the work of the Age Connects Torfaen.
- Induction and ongoing support within your role.
Contact Emma for further information on 01495 769264.
We are looking for a volunteer to support our existing IT classes at our Widdershins Centre.
As a Digital volunteer you will support people aged 50+ to learn the basics of computers and the internet in a relaxed, informal environment.
You will volunteer within our existing IT classes on a Tuesday 10-12am or Friday 10-12.
A volunteer reception and administration assistant will support the smooth running of reception at our Widdershins Centre.
We have various vacancies throughout the week, a minimum of 2 hours per week is required.
A volunteer shopping assistant will assist Age Connects Torfaen with a practical task, helping to provide an essential shopping service to people living throughout Torfaen.
Once a week, collect shopping list and cash from Age Connects Torfaen staff member
Visit the designated local supermarket to purchase items on the list, bag items, make payment, collect receipt and pass to staff member
Deliver goods to designated address and take receipt of monies from clients.
- Set up tea and coffee station before clients come in
- Make Tea and Coffee for clients
- Take lunch orders and take to the kitchen
- Assist clients with an arm when using transport
- Assist client with an arm when going into the hall for lunch
- Help serve out the lunch
- Clear away dirty dishes after meal time
- Assist as and when with activities
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a volunteer community driver you will provide a transport service throughout Torfaen and the surrounding area. Your typical duties would include planning the best route and driving the vehicle safely, stopping at designated points. Your duties will include helping passengers get on and off the vehicle and performing basic vehicle checks
You will also be delivering food to the various lunch clubs located throughout the borough of Torfaen.
Consistent with the policy and direction of Age Connects Torfaen
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic regulations
- Good communication and ‘people’ skills
- An awareness of disability needs
- Good organisational skills
- Map reading and route planning skills
- Patience and empathy with passengers
- A reasonable level of fitness
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
Responsible to: Development Co-ordinator
Location: Throughout Torfaen