Following the updated Government Guidance regarding Coronavirus we have taken the following decisions to comply with the guidance and to help keep members of our community safe.
- Our Age Connects Torfaen Information & Advice Service is operating a full service, available by telephone 01495 769264 Monday – Friday between the hours of 10-3pm.
- Both our shopping service and cleaning service are fully operational, referrals can be made by contacting our Information & Advice team.
- From the 23rd July we will be providing a Meal Delivery Service. Meals are available on a Tuesday and Thursday, with further developments leading to a daily service.
- We have suspended our Merry Moments programme and hope to safely start this back up from September on wards. In the meantime, we have adapted and from the 20th July will provide activities safely at the home of a client.
- We are providing weekly Zoom sessions specifically aimed at:
- People affected or living with Young Onset Dementia
- People age 50+ who are lonely and isolated
- We are still working with our legal estate planning partner McClure Solicitors to provide a FREE WILL WRITING SERVICE. In line with the Government advice they are doing this by providing telephone & video appointments. To arrange your appointment call them on 0800 852 1999
- We are assisting to provide free benefit assessments and support to complete means tested and non means tested applications, for example help with Pension Credit and Attendance Allowance and Personal Independence Payments
- All of our group activities are still suspended until further notice. We continue to make contact with all those affected to ensure that we can establish a means for maintaining regular contact in order that we can continue to provide help and support
- We are taking the relevant steps to safely resume the Low Level Nail Cutting Service at our Widdershins only. We are planning to recommence by Mid August. Changes have been made to service procedures following COVID-19 Government Guidelines,, ensuring we keep both you and the nail cutting team safe.
- Our office is still closed for drop-in visitors but telephone lines will remain open for enquiries!
Please contact us for any support and advice that you may need on 01495 769264. You can also send your enquiries in via our website contact form, email us on email@example.com or get in touch via our social media channels.
This is a fast moving situation and we will continue to provide updates regarding our services in line with the latest Government Advice.
We are grateful for the various offers of support that we as a local charity have received and are heartened by the various initiatives and acts of kindness that are already taking place to support older people across Torfaen. We would encourage everyone to keep in touch with and support older friends, family and neighbours to enable us, as a charity, to focus on how we can best support some of the most vulnerable members of our communities.
These are unprecedented times and we thank you for your understanding with these changes.